Tart & Pie Mastercourse (Pie Sessions)
Scroll down for more information
Learn more about the full course bundle here.
Note: This is one half of the full Tart & Pie Mastercourse Bundle. This is for people who only want to go for the Pie sessions. You will still get the full 100-page Coursebook for Tarts & Pies.
- What's in the course?
- When is this course held?
- What will I learn?
- What will I need to prepare?
- 8 hours of live-virtual, interactive baking workshops
- 100-page, comprehensive Tart & Pie Coursebook, with 2 extra tart recipes
- Team of instructors watching and guiding you as you bake and learn
Community-focused interaction and class, along with a team of live instructors
- Class recordings that will be accessible for two weeks for recaps and deeper learning
- Fun quizzes to test what you've learnt, with chances to win attractive prizes
- Tart/Pie Design Challenge
You will learn to make two unique tarts, its components such as praline, frangipane, diplomat cream, jam filling, etc., as well as find two other pie recipes in the Coursebook.
UPCOMING COURSE OPEN FOR REGISTRATION
1. March Sessions:
- Saturday, 2nd April 2022, 1pm - 5pm
- Sunday, 3rd April 2022, 1pm - 5pm
2. May Sessions
- Saturday, 14th May 2022, 1pm - 5pm
- Sunday, 15th May 2022, 1pm - 5pm
If you're unable to attend any of the lessons, you'll still be able to refer to the Coursebook for the recipes, tips, and tricks, as well as the Class Recordings. You may also reach out to our team at email@example.com for help when you are making them.
The course will only go ahead with a minimum of 30 active participants. Should the minimum participation not be reached, we'll unfortunately have to cancel the course. We seek your kindest understanding.
In this Pie Set, you will learn to:
- Identify different tart & pie crusts just based on the recipe
- Troubleshoot and tweak recipes you find online
- Make pies anywhere by knowing how to work with your environment and ingredients
- How to make two flaky pie crusts (Pate Sucree & Pate Brisee) in Singapore's humid weather
- Fillings such as praline paste, and nut frangipanes
- Make a roux-based filling
- Design, create, and develop your dream tart or pie based on your desired flavours
- 4 unique tart & pie recipes developed by Bakestarters [Hazelnut Praline Dark Chocolate Tarts / Strawberry Fields Tarts / Seafood Laksa Pie / Spiced Pear Lattice Pie] (The two pies will be in this Course set, while the recipes for the other two tarts are found in the Coursebook)
You are required to prepare your own ingredients and tools for this course. We do however offer a set of portioned ingredients for the course. You can see what's included in the set and purchase it here.
If you're purchasing your own ingredients, please visit this page to see the complete list of ingredients and tools you'll need.